Low-calorie diet: options, menus for a week
According to the statistics of the World Health Organization, overweight problems affect more than 1.5 billion people in the world. They can lead to a number of negative consequences, in particular, to serious diseases. To lose weight for a short time without harm to health is a very feasible task. In this case, a low-calorie diet will come to the rescue.
- Basic principles
- Low-calorie nutrition program requirements
- Low-calorie diet for 7 days
- Moderately limited and rigid low-calorie nutrition program
- Advantages and disadvantages of low-calorie diet
- Contraindications to diet
Ideally, to develop an individual nutrition program, you should consult an experienced dietitian. He will compose it taking into account the body weight, age, lifestyle, existing diseases and other features of the patient. There is an opportunity to make a meal plan independently, but for this it is necessary to adhere to the basic principles of such a diet:
- Lowering the energy value of food consumed should be done by eliminating foods that contain a significant amount of fast carbohydrates and fats. First of all, they include confectionery and bakery products.
- It is necessary to completely abandon alcoholic beverages and drinks with a high sugar content.
- It is advisable to carry out fractional meals, portions should be small, their number per day - 5-6.
- The amount of salt must be reduced.
- Protein products with low fat content should dominate the diet, so that the muscle component in the body is not affected. The process of losing weight is carried out by burning fat.
- In day it is necessary to use a sufficient volume of a liquid (approximately 1,5 l of water depending on weight of a body).
- Final meal no later than 3 hours before bedtime.
If the principles described above are observed, the diet will not harm the stomach and other organs, it will save extra pounds.
Important! The essence of a low-calorie diet is a strict restriction of calorie intake of food.
Low-calorie nutrition program requirements
The main rule is the restriction of calories in the daily diet. The norm for the weaker sex is about 1250 units, and for the stronger sex - 1450 units. In this case, it is necessary to take into account the lifestyle. If a person, while dieting, is actively involved in sports, the norm of calories increases to 1500 units for girls and to 1,700 for men. But there is also a strict diet, according to which the daily rate of calories should not exceed 800 units.
In the diet of a standard low-calorie nutrition program it is recommended to add the following products:
- dietary meats (for example, turkey and veal);
- vegetables with low GI (celery, carrots, beets, green string beans);
- sour berries and fruits (persimmon, strawberry, apple, peach, orange);
- Fish of low-fat varieties (for example, flounder, pike perch and cod);
- dairy products of low fat content (for example, kefir);
- some types of seafood (oysters, mussels);
- from bakery products, preference should be given to the bran bread ;
- useful cereals (buckwheat, pearl barley).
The listed products are rich in fiber, do not contain excess calories, so they help to lose weight.
Prohibited products include:
- animal fats (egg yolks, cream, beef and pork fats);
- cakes and pastries;
- sauces with stabilizers (ketchup, mayonnaise);
- pasta from any wheat varieties;
- fruits with a high sugar content (banana, grapes);
- rich broths of meat or fish;
- salted products (canned fish and meat, pickled vegetables, canned soup).
They are not recommended for eating because of the high calorie and fast carbohydrates that interfere with the process of losing weight.
Low-calorie diet for 7 days
Below is an approximate plan for a nutrition program, designed for a week for a middle-aged woman.
Day of the week
Pearl barley, boiled on water (150-250 g). Tea without added sugar (preferably green).
Low-fat yogurt (150-200 g).
Vegetable broth (200 ml), 150 g of lean fish, steamed.
A glass of tomato juice.
Cooked turkey and a salad of fresh vegetables in the same proportions (150-200 g), 250 ml of mineral water.
Boiled chicken egg, 1-2 pieces of bran bread, green tea without sugar.
Citrus Fruit or a green apple.
Vegetable soup of green lentils (200 g), boiled chicken (150 g).
Low fat cottage cheese (150 g).
Baked fish of low-fat varieties and a salad of fresh vegetables in the same proportions (150-200 g).
Buckwheat porridge without added sugar (200 g). Tea without sugar and lemon.
Kefir (200 ml) and whole wheat bread.
Borscht on vegetable broth (200-250 ml), boiled veal (150 g).
Grapefruit or orange - 1 pc.
Fish cooked on steam (150-200 g), one boiled potato tuber.
Boiled chicken egg, 1 piece of toast and a glass of compote from dried fruits.
Low fat yogurt (100-150 g).
A piece of boiled fillet (150-200 g), vegetable soup (200-250 ml).
Berries (blackberries, cranberries, white currants) - 150 g.
Vegetable stew with beans (100-150 g), a glass of kefir.
Millet porridge without the addition of oil and sugar (150-250 g), a glass of orange or apple fresh juice.
Cooked veal (200 g), cabbage salad (100 g), tea without sugar.
Dried fruits (dried apricots, prunes, peaches) - 100-150 g.
Low-fat cottage cheese (150 g), fruit (peach, apple or pear).
Repeat all the diet on Monday.
Repeat completely the ration on Tuesday.
Moderately limited and rigid low-calorie nutrition program
A moderate diet is based on the use of products of vegetable origin with a high protein content. A moderately restricted low-calorie diet can last for 1 or 2 months. At this time it is recommended to use an additional complex of vitamins .
If it is a rigid diet, then its duration should be less than 2 weeks. During this period, you can use only a monotonous menu (boiled meat or vegetable products). It is recommended to sit down again not earlier than 7 days later. At this time, it is important to bring food to a rational level, but do not overload the stomach, it is undesirable that the daily number of calories exceed 1600 kcal.
Video: Variant of a rigid low-calorie diet from Elena Malysheva
Advantages and disadvantages of low-calorie diet
The main advantage of such a diet is that due to it lose weight without significant changes in taste preferences. Despite the fact that the fatty and salty foods will have to be abandoned, the choice of foods is still wide, so that without problems you can find and prepare a suitable dish. For a week of compliance with this diet, it takes about 4-6 kg. However, it is more sparing compared, for example, with a drinking diet . Also, the undeniable advantage of the diet is that it is universal, suitable for both women and men.
To get out of the diet should be gradually, otherwise there is a risk to collect all the shed pounds in a short time. Deficiencies include malaise and general weakness of the body, which sometimes are felt by dieticians. This is due to the number of calories that is not enough for the full functioning of the body.
Contraindications to diet
In most cases, a low-calorie nutrition program is not capable of negatively affecting the body, but there are restrictions that must be followed so as not to cause harm to health. People who are overweight (1-4 degrees of obesity) are recommended to consult a dietician to develop an individual menu, since the number of products in the above examples may be small.
Breastfeeding women or women who are in the position, it is forbidden to adhere to this diet. Also, you should be more careful than people who have serious health problems (for example, the period of exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis).
Important! In the presence of any chronic diseases before you go on a low-calorie diet, you need to consult a specialist.
Thus, a low-calorie diet is the most suitable option for those who want to lose an extra 5 kg for a fairly fast period. Its effectiveness depends on a carefully thought-out menu, the correct calculation of the amount of energy required and the combination of the nutrition program with physical loads.