Whether it is possible to become pregnant during monthly. Methods of contraception
Many women are sure that during the period of pregnancy, pregnancy can not occur. Most often it is really so. But there are exceptions. Although the probability of conception is small, it is still zero. Therefore, do not think that you can have sex during menstruation, without thinking about contraception. In this situation, the most suitable means is a condom that not only reduces the risk of becoming pregnant during menstruation, but also helps protect the uterus, the most vulnerable during this period, from infection.
- Is it possible pregnancy in critical days
- When pregnancy may occur
- What contraceptives should I use during menstruation?
Is it possible pregnancy in critical days
During one menstrual cycle, the following processes occur in the woman's body: menstrual bleeding, maturation of the follicle with the ovum, ovulation (release of the egg from the shell). The new cycle begins on the first day of the next menstruation.
Pregnancy can occur only after ovulation. Between it and the beginning of the next monthly passes 14 days. To determine on which day of the cycle ovulation will occur and the days that are favorable for conception should be taken away from the total duration of cycle 14. Thus, for example, in the 26-day cycle, ovulation occurs approximately on day 12.
Taking into account the fact that spermatozoa keep their activity for several days, a period for approximately 10 to 19 day of the cycle is considered fertile for conception. In the rest of the period, the onset of pregnancy is extremely unlikely, especially during menstruation.
The most "safe" is the first 2 days after the onset of menstrual bleeding. Firstly, getting spermatozoa into the tubes through the cavity of the bleeding uterus is almost impossible. And secondly, for them, the acidity of the vaginal medium increased during this period. Even if a chance of fertilization appears, the fetus can not gain a foothold in the uterus, completely freed from the endometrium. In addition, sex these days brings the greatest discomfort.
However, as is known, the cycle time for women is individual, in addition, far from all, it is strictly regular. Therefore, doctors warn that rely only on calculations should not be. With sex, even during menstruation should be protected.
When pregnancy may occur
Sometimes women start a special calendar, with the help of which they calculate the "dangerous" days, considering this method of protection reliable. However, very often inexperience and ignorance in matters of physiology leads them.
Pregnancy during a month is possible in the following cases:
- A woman has a short menstrual cycle (20-21 days). In this case, ovulation occurs on the 6-7th day, and may well occur in the last days of menstruation, when the pregnancy will come.
- Menstruation comes irregularly. Calculating safe days is almost impossible.
- In the ovaries, not one but 2 eggs matured, ovulation in one cycle occurred twice. At the same time, the first egg was not fertilized, died, the menstruation began. But on the eve of menstruation, there was a so-called "spontaneous ovulation," that is, a second egg appeared, which was fertilized on the 2-3 day of menstruation. This was possible due to the survivability of spermatozoa caught in the fallopian tubes during intercourse, which took place several days before menstruation. Spontaneous ovulation is a rare phenomenon, most often occurs when a woman has a genetic predisposition.
- There is a failure in the course of physiological processes . This often occurs after abortion, ovarian surgery, inflammatory diseases of the genitals.
- Often there are doubts whether it is possible to become pregnant during menstruation with menopause. In women over the age of 40 there are unforeseen long delays, the cycles are often anovulatory. Considering that conception is no longer possible, a woman ceases to protect herself and allows herself to have sex on any days of the month, which leads to an unplanned pregnancy.
- Violations of the cycle are often found in girls during puberty. The risk of conception during menstruation is large enough.
- Pregnancy during menstruation can be with irregular sexual life, after prolonged abstinence, as well as in the presence of diseases associated with endocrine disorders, the intake of hormonal drugs.
- The order of taking oral contraceptives is disrupted. Their action is based on the suppression of ovulation. If you stop abruptly taking pills, menstrual bleeding begins. After a short use of COC, when the hormonal background of the body did not have time to change significantly, the reproductive function is restored quickly, ovulation and fertilization take place. As a result, a woman will think that she became pregnant when she had a period.
Warning: Causes of a shift in the course of the cycle can also be a sharp change in climatic conditions or time zones, nervous stress. Such factors provoke a hormonal failure, leading to unexpected consequences.
Sometimes menstruation is taken by the so-called "implantation bleeding". Lean bleeding occurs 7-10 days after conception has occurred. Its cause is damage to small vessels of the endometrium during the embryo introduction into it. In this case, a woman may have the belief that she became pregnant precisely in critical days.
In the first months of pregnancy, there are also "false monthly" - minor bleeding that occurs during a sharp change in the hormonal background.
Video: Why during pregnancy can occur pregnancy
What contraceptives should I use during menstruation?
The need for contraception is due not only to the probability of conception during menstruation. During this period, the risk of infection into the internal sexual organs of a woman, infection with pathogens of sexually transmitted diseases is significantly increased.
The least reliable is the calendar method of contraception. It is suitable only for women with an absolutely regular cycle of menstruation. At the same time, a woman should be completely healthy, her condition should not be affected by any negative factors. Since compliance with all these conditions is unbelievable, then protection is far from 100%.
Hormonal birth control pills have their effect only with a long-term systematic reception. As an emergency contraceptive, they are not used. In addition, their effect is weakened by the simultaneous administration of certain drugs (antibiotics, phytohormones).
There are contraceptive pills and candles of a different action. Ovulation, they do not suppress, but make the vaginal mucus thicker. In this case, the entry of spermatozoa into the uterine tube is considerably complicated. However, the risk of an unwanted pregnancy is still quite large.
The most reliable way is barrier contraception with the help of a condom.
Reduce the risk of disease can be if you have sex with a regular partner and have full confidence that he does not have sexually transmitted infections.