Lipofilling of the buttocks: indications, stages, advantages and disadvantages
Proportional feminine figure, resembling an hourglass in shape, is the cherished dream of almost every fair sex. To achieve it, they follow diets, engage in gyms, perform massages, wraps, pressotherapy sessions and other procedures. But sometimes all these measures and efforts are not enough, a cardinal approach is required. Currently plastic surgeons use the method of lipofilling for modeling the figure, especially for the correction of the chest and buttocks.
- The essence of lipofilling and indications
- Features of the rehabilitation period
- Advantages and disadvantages
The essence of lipofilling and indications
Lipofilling of the buttocks is a modern procedure consisting in taking fat tissue from certain areas of the body, cleaning it and inserting it into the gluteal region. It allows you to quickly and permanently improve the appearance and texture of the buttocks, give them the desired shape, eliminate flabbiness of the skin, reduce the appearance of cellulite .
Indications for the conduct may include the following problems:
- asymmetry of the buttocks;
- age changes (sagging) of the buttocks due to a decrease in muscle mass;
- the lowering of the buttocks, due to the underdeveloped muscles and the lack of regular physical exercises to maintain them in tonus;
- deformation of the buttocks after injuries and the formation of retracted scars on them;
- insufficient volume and degree of convexity of the buttocks due to sudden weight loss or anatomical features;
- the need for additional correction and the formation of smooth contours of the buttocks after endoprosthetics (implantation of silicone implants) or braces.
Important: Correction of the buttocks by the method of lipofilling is recommended not earlier than 25 years.
Preparation for lipofilling should begin with consultation with a plastic surgeon and make a joint decision on whether it should be carried out, based on the wishes of the client and the real possibilities of the method. The doctor assesses the available cosmetic defects of the buttocks, the features of the patient's body, its proportionality, analyzes from which areas it is necessary to take adipose tissue and where to accurately transplant it. The planned effect of the operation for visualization is often visually displayed by building a three-dimensional image using computer simulation.
Given that lipofilling is performed with local anesthesia and can be accompanied by complications, about a month before the appointed date for correcting the buttocks, it is necessary to undergo a series of examinations. According to their results, a woman may have certain health problems that prevent her from performing.
Such surveys include:
- Ultrasound of the pelvic organs;
- general blood and urine tests;
- blood chemistry;
- HIV testing, syphilis and hepatitis;
- definition of indicators of coagulability of blood (coagulogram);
Also, before the lipofilling, you may need to consult a therapist, an anesthesiologist and specialized specialists (cardiologist, endocrinologist and others).
It is recommended to give up smoking and drinking alcohol at least two weeks before the operation. These measures will help reduce the risk of complications and increase the percentage of transplantable fat cells in the buttocks region.
If a woman takes any medications that dilute the blood or reduce its coagulation, she should inform the doctor about it. Perhaps at the time of lipofilling and for some time afterwards to reduce the risk of bleeding, it will be necessary to cancel them.
Video: Modeling the figure by transplanting your own fat
A prerequisite for performing lipofilling is the presence on the body of the areas from which you can take the fat for transplantation, which presents difficulties for women with a lean physique by nature. Typically, such donor areas are the abdomen, back, sides, inner and outer ("breeches") thighs. The amount of fat needed to correct the buttocks is on the average from 400 to 900 ml.
Interestingly: To simulate an hourglass shape with lipophilia of the buttocks, the fat pumping must be performed only from the abdomen and back area, which will simultaneously reduce the waist and increase the volume of the buttocks.
Stages of the procedure
Lipofilling is usually performed under local anesthesia, however, depending on the size of the correction area, the wishes of the client and his state of health, it is possible to use other methods of anesthesia (general anesthesia or epidural anesthesia).
By the time lipofilling of the gluteal region takes from 1.5 to 3 hours. It is executed in the following order:
- The marking of the operated zones (buttocks and places of fat removal) on the patient's body.
- Administration of drugs for anesthesia.
- The introduction of a special solution that facilitates the separation of adipose tissue in the area from which it will be taken.
- Fence using a syringe with a thin cannula (needle with a rounded end with a diameter of 3 mm) fat for transplantation from donor areas. This procedure is called liposuction. The use of the cannula minimizes trauma to the skin, and does not affect the vessels and nerves.
- Purification of seized fat from destroyed and dead cells, blood and other foreign impurities by centrifugation. Given that with such cleaning, some of the fat is lost, it is always taken with a margin.
- Introduction of prepared fat using a syringe with a flexible cannula with a diameter of 2 mm and a fan-shaped thickening at the end into the pre-marked areas of the buttocks.
After the procedure
The patient must remain in the clinic for the first day under the supervision of doctors, and then, in the absence of any complications, she is released home, having previously consulted about the specifics of behavior during the rehabilitation period.
The results from the lipofilling performed will be noticeable almost immediately, but with time they will change slightly. This is due to the fact that part (from 10 to 40%) of the introduced adipose tissue dissolves. In view of this fact, sometimes, to achieve the desired aesthetic effect on the buttocks, not one procedure is required, but two or even three. About final successes can be judged not earlier than 3-4 months. During this time, the introduced fat tissue gradually germinates with blood vessels and nerves, begins to receive the necessary nutrients.
Features of the rehabilitation period
The recovery period after lipofilling of the gluteal zone takes 1-2 months, depending on the individual characteristics of the organism and the scale of the intervention. The heaviest for a woman will be the first days after surgery, due to general weakness, a feeling of pain, numbness and discomfort in the places that were exposed. During the entire recovery period, at certain intervals, the woman will have to come to the specialist performing routine examinations.
During rehabilitation, it is necessary to adhere to certain restrictions:
- avoid intense physical activity and exercise;
- do not visit saunas;
- do not swim in the pools, the sea, the river and other water bodies;
- refrain from alcohol and smoking;
- Do not sunbathe in the sun or in the solarium;
- do not take hot baths;
- wear compression recommended by the doctor ;
- try not to sleep on your back and not sit on your buttocks to prevent pressure on the inserted adipose tissue and prevent its deformation or displacement.
Compliance with these measures increases the survival rate of transplanted adipose tissue, reduces the risk of occurrence or severity of swelling and bruising. Depending on the volume of surgical intervention immediately after lipofilling for the prevention of infectious complications, a woman can be prescribed a course of antibiotics and taking pain medications. After the end of the rehabilitation period and return to the usual rhythm of life, special exercises for the muscles of the buttocks will be useful, however, they can be started only after consultation with the doctor.
Tip: After lipofilling on any parts of the body, a woman should try to keep her weight stable, because a set of extra pounds or, conversely, a strong weight loss can adversely affect the results of the procedure.
The main complications after lipofilling are bruises, bruises, swelling, redness and swelling in the places from where the fat tissue was taken and where it was injected. This is the norm and passes independently in two weeks, with all the recommendations of the doctor on behavior in the rehabilitation period. To accelerate the recovery of the skin and subcutaneous tissue can be used physiotherapy and local drugs.
To more serious complications, which arise mainly because of an insufficient level of professionalism of the surgeon or individual reactions of the organism, include:
- infection in puncture sites;
- decrease or loss of sensitivity in the area of puncture sites;
- strong pain;
- the formation of cysts, granulomas and sulfur.
From the aesthetic complications as a result of lipofilling, asymmetry of the buttocks, atrophy of the introduced adipose tissue, the formation of bumps and other irregularities in the relief of the skin can occur.
Video: Available methods to increase and tighten the buttocks
Advantages and disadvantages
The benefits of lipofilling in comparison with other methods of plastic surgery for the correction of this zone include:
- minimal traumatism;
- short rehabilitation period;
- absence of the effect of rejection and allergic reactions to the administered self adipose tissue in contrast to foreign silicone implants or fillers based on hyaluronic acid;
- improving the appearance of both the donor zone and the area where fat is transplanted, in one procedure;
- absence of scars and scars in places where the cannula is inserted;
- natural appearance of the buttocks due to the uniform distribution of the introduced fat;
- increase elasticity and elasticity of the skin in places of adipose tissue adiposity.
The resulting aesthetic result from this procedure improves the appearance and shape of a woman, makes her forms more expressive and attractive, gives self-confidence, while retaining it for a long time, and sometimes for life.
Lipofilling of the buttocks also has disadvantages. These include some difficulty in predicting the final result, because it is not known exactly how much of the transplanted fat will successfully survive in a new place, the need for repeated corrections with a significant loss of injected fat tissue. Also, this procedure does not allow to achieve a significant increase in the volume of the buttocks, especially for women with deficit of adipose tissue in the potential donor zones.
Despite the fact that lipofilling is considered a relatively safe procedure, there are some contraindications to its implementation. Among them:
- period of exacerbation of any chronic diseases;
- severe pathology of the cardiovascular and endocrine system, liver and kidneys;
- bleeding disorders;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- oncological diseases;
- mental disorders.
The procedure is not carried out during the period of infectious diseases until full recovery.