Contour plastic lip: procedure, preparations, photo, contraindications, care and correction
Modern cosmetology, using minimally invasive injection methods, allows to successfully correct many shortcomings of a woman's appearance, including age-related changes. Very often, hyaluronic acid preparations are used for these purposes. For example, plastic with such fillers gives good results for correcting the shape and increasing the volume of the lips and has a number of significant advantages in comparison with silicone implants and lipofilling. It allows you to make your lips more plump, expressive and sensual, preserving a natural, natural look.
- The essence of the procedure and the evidence for its implementation
- Used drugs
- Preparing for the procedure
- Possible complications
- Advantages and disadvantages of the procedure
The essence of the procedure and the evidence for its implementation
Lip contour plasty is a procedure designed to change their shape and increase their completeness by injecting them into the subcutaneous layers of special fillers. It can be used to correct wrinkles in the corners of the mouth, additional moisturizing and prevention of aging.
Indications for her are the following problems on the lips:
- the need to increase volume and size;
- desire to improve or change the natural shape of the lips (raising corners, modeling the line of the mouth, highlighting the outline);
- asymmetry and disproportionality of the lips;
- scars and scars;
- excessive dryness of the skin;
- the twisting of one or two lips due to an incorrect jaw structure;
- age-related changes (wrinkles on the lips and in the perioral region, omission of the corners, loss of elasticity, volume and sharpness of the contour, dryness, blanching).
To conduct contour plastic lips can be, starting with 20 years, and at each age, she solves the problems characteristic for him. For girls and women between the ages of 20 and 35, the procedure will help to change and improve the natural form of the lips if it is unacceptable. After 35 years, it is already used to prevent aging, smoothing the pouch (vertical creases over the upper lip) and other types of wrinkles around the mouth, rejuvenating the contour and compensating for the age-related loss of volume.
Most of the drugs used for lip plasty are the compositions of the gel consistency based on hyaluronic acid. They differ in the manufacturer, density, concentration and size of molecules, the presence of additional active substances, the duration of action. Sometimes also used are polymer gels, fillers based on collagen and polylactic acid.
By chemical structure, hyaluronic acid is a polysaccharide. It is a part of the skin and takes an active part in the regeneration of epithelial cells, moisturizing, maintaining water balance, elasticity and smoothness. It is known that one of the reasons for the aging of the skin, including the lips, is a gradual decrease in the production of this polysaccharide, which leads to a slowing of metabolic processes, a loss of elasticity and the appearance of wrinkles.
The most popular hyaluronic acid drugs used for contour lip plasty are:
- Restylane Lipp;
- Juviderm Ultra Smile, Juvederm Ultra 4, Juvederm 30, Juvederm 30 HV);
- Princesses (Princess Filler, Princess Volume);
- Teosyal (Teosyal Kiss).
Modern preparations of hyaluronic acid, obtained by the biotechnological method, are safe and hypoallergenic. Their introduction into soft tissues does not cause any discomfort and responses from the immune system of the body.
Preparing for the procedure
Contour plastic is considered a fairly simple procedure that does not require any special training from the client. At the first stage, a consultation with a cosmetologist is conducted, during which the purpose of correction and ways of achieving it are determined, the filler is selected, the probability of complications and the presence of contraindications is assessed.
The expert analyzes the face of the woman as a whole, the type of the lips in profile, the ratio of the upper and lower lips, the features of facial expressions, a smile. He makes a conclusion about whether the desired new image will look harmonious and natural, gives advice and recommendations on the best ways to eliminate the existing defects. Some salons and cosmetology clinics have 3D modeling programs that allow you to visually evaluate the final result of lip correction before the procedure is performed.
Tip: Before deciding on lip surgery, you need to think carefully, take responsibility for choosing a clinic and specialist, familiarize yourself with its portfolio, make sure that you have the appropriate qualifications and quality certificates for used fillers.
Contour lip plasty is performed under local anesthesia, so in most cases, the client does not cause any painful sensations. The time it takes is 20 to 40 minutes. For anesthesia, the skin on the lips is previously cleaned and treated with a special cream based on the anesthetics of lidocaine and prilocaine (Emla). At the beginning of the procedure, the doctor conducts a test for the presence of a woman's allergy to the selected filler and only in the absence of any allergic reactions (redness, itching, rash) proceeds to contour plasty.
Depending on the desired result, the expert calculates the depth of injections, the distance between the injections and the area of administration. In view of the ultimate goal, the following techniques can be used:
- To give the volume and effect of chubby lips, while preserving the existing contour, injections are made in the vertical direction to the center of the labial folds, which allows leaving individual natural features (grooves and folds) unchanged.
- To change the contour, injections are made with microdoses of the drug along the edge of the lips with a certain frequency and direction, in the end the filler fills only those areas that need correction.
After the administration of the drug, the doctor performs a gentle massage of the lips to ensure a uniform distribution of the introduced filler.
The effect after the contour plasty of the lips appears immediately, but the final results can be judged in a couple of days, when the edema due to minor skin damage will come off. If necessary, if the filler was not enough to reach the desired volume, after a month, an additional correction is made.
Video: How plastic lip is performed with hyaluronic acid preparations
After plasty of lips with hyaluronic acid to prevent complications during the week, it is necessary to adhere to certain recommendations. These include:
- if possible, do not use muscles in the mouth (mimicry, wide smile, kisses);
- Do not use cosmetics in places where the filler is introduced;
- sleep in the supine position to prevent contact of the lips with the pillow and squeezing them;
- avoid heat exposure to the lips, including staying in the open sun in hot weather and in a solarium;
- refuse to visit the sauna and sauna;
- to keep to a diet, having excluded from a ration hot food, sharp dishes, alcoholic drinks.
Interestingly: The results of lip correction with hyaluronic acid persist on average from 8 to 10 months depending on the drugs used, then the filler under the action of the body's enzymes gradually dissolves, the lips return their previous form.
Complications after contour plasty at carrying out it at the skilled and qualified expert and observance of all its or his references after procedure arise extremely seldom. Immediately or a couple of hours after the introduction of the filler, especially on thin and sensitive skin, redness, small bruises and swelling in the injection zone are possible. These phenomena are considered the norm and can be easily eliminated by themselves, but the process can be accelerated by rubbing the lips with ice cubes, applying anti-inflammatory ointments and creams prescribed by the doctor.
More serious complications include:
- migration and uneven distribution of the gel;
- appearance of age spots ;
- damage to blood vessels;
- allergic reactions;
- the formation of seals on the lips at the injection site;
- infection and the development of the inflammatory process.
Also negative aesthetic consequences are possible: too much volume of lips, violation of the proportions of the face, violation of the right ratio of the upper and lower lips, distortion of the natural contour and anatomy, lip turn, asymmetry, wavy lip. To eliminate the resulting as a result of contour plasty of the aesthetic defects, you need to seek help from a cosmetologist. According to many experts, the most effective and quickest way to eliminate them are injections or phonophoresis with a special enzyme hyaluronidase, which is capable of decomposing all of the introduced hyaluronic acid within 1-2 days.
If the volume of the lips is too large, you can resort to physiotherapy (microcurrent therapy, darsonvalization), which improves blood circulation and metabolic processes, which will accelerate the absorption of hyaluronic acid. For these purposes, massage, active use of facial expressions in the mouth and thermal effects will help. Perform these procedures until the volume of the lips reaches the desired.
Advantages and disadvantages of the procedure
Correction of the lips with hyaluronic acid has a number of advantages in comparison with other techniques used in cosmetology to correct the shape and volume of the lips. It refers to "lunch break procedures," since it does not take long to complete and allows a woman to return to a normal lifestyle almost immediately.
Advantages of this type of plastic in comparison with the introduction of silicone implants are that it:
- is low-traumatic and hypoallergenic;
- is simple and fast;
- has a minimum of contraindications;
- allows you to preserve the natural look of the lips;
- allows to regulate the volume of the introduced filler;
- does not cause a sense of presence in the lips of a foreign body;
- extremely rarely causes serious complications.
Advantages of the procedure in question in comparison with lipofilling are less labor and the degree of traumatism of the procedure, lower costs, quicker results and greater unambiguity in its prediction. Its essential disadvantage in comparison with lipofilling and the introduction of silicone implants is the short duration of the effect and the need for repeated execution of the procedure at certain intervals.
Contour plastic, despite its safety in comparison with other procedures for correcting cosmetic deficiencies of the lips, is not suitable for every fair sex. Contraindications for its conduct include:
- the revealed allergy to any of the components of the injected drug;
- oncological diseases;
- systemic connective tissue diseases;
- blood diseases and disorders of the process of its coagulation;
- acute infectious diseases;
- pregnancy and lactation.
Video: Features of the procedure